Thursday, July 17, 2008

My running inspirations....
































Everyday there is a choice to be made...to run or not to run. That is always the big question...for the past 5 years now I have had a goal to run a marathon. Lucky for me I have set goal date of sometime in my life which gives me a lot of flexibility and dare I say procrastination time. Of course as women we know that it is our needs that comes last before the child, husband, chores, the list goes on and on and on. But...this can't be my excuse. There are many people out there who MAKE the time to reach their goals...not to say that I am a slacker. No, I think a better term would be a flexible goal setter. I like that much better :) Anyhow Randy lately has been encouraging me daily to get my runs in, buying me really cool running toys to keep track of my pace, my time,keep my knee from hurting, things to link up to nike.com, etc. He really has been a great support and a wonderful motivator. Almost like Bobby Knight but not quite...lol...okay maybe more like Lane Kiffin.

This nike.com web site has this avatar called runningoddes http://nikeplus.nike.com/nikeplus/?l=runners,avatar_viewer,81860578 and Becky can check this at her leisure...and before today I was topping 10 days with absolutely no run. It was almost time for me to attend a Running Anonymous meeting when my avitar started to play paddle ball on me and tell me that she was bored....(she is on my screensaver) It was about the same time that I started to get these e-mails from Becky telling me that she was going to send flowers to my avatar's funeral and that my avatar was looking like she just down in the dumps. Becky's e-mails are hilarious and really got the point across. Between Becky, Randy, and my avatar runninggoddes keeping me honest with myself...I think I might make my goal this year. I just wanted to say THANKS GUYS!!

1 comment:

David said...

My buddy Michael has a blog which is often about running.

He would suggest you join a local running club. They would have regular races. He runs w/his kids and used to run races pushing them in a big stroller.

His blog is called What you do not know because you are not me.