Sunday, November 16, 2008

Just needed a little break from my Article Review...

It's Sunday evening...I do dream frequently of a relaxing weekend at the beach sipping on a pina colada and not having a care in the world...then a stench reaches my nose and brings me back to reality. I have a diaper to change, a husband to love, homework to do, never-ending dishes in the sink, and a load of laundry that is piled higher than Mount Everest. It's the way I enjoy my weekends, not to say that I don't cherish every minute of it, because I do. It's the time I get to laugh with Maddox & Randy and take walks outside, just enjoy being with each other. I wouldn't trade it for anything...well..if you catch me at the right time I may tell you something different.

Thanksgiving is coming up soon. We stuff ourselves full of a big turkey and enjoy time with the family. Love the idea of that, it's the only time of the year I can get away with my emotional eating binges. This year will be one to write about because we are driving up to Long Island, NY. It's the road trips you read about in your family book, the one where everyone ran in to a mishap and something unbelievable happened. Yet I am scared to say the story will be written about us three...and who knows what adventures lay ahead. If I had only given in to Randy and bought those expensive airplane tickets...we might have skipped out on all the fun. Who wants to rehash old arguments anyways, we are driving to NY, car seat and all.

The best thing about this is that everyone is going to be there...Mom, Wes, Brian, Grandma, Aunt Naomi, Uncle David, Sasha, and the talented and wonderful Lily. The anticipation of seeing my family is just making me full of excited energy...I have forgone my family for so long and now that I am grown with a family of my own never more have I realized the importance of family. Uncle Josh is not with us this year and the whole trip from the minute we leave until the minute we get back he will be on my mind. We need to make this a great Thanksgiving for him...especially make good food. He would love that...

I have a few more points to discuss on my article review on "Frequency Characteristics of American Sign Language". Most of you who are reading this might think nothing of this but to me I feel like I have unlocked the key to my language that I have spoken for years but now understand more of it than I have ever known.(Cheesy I know) Although these research articles are so condensed full of verbiage that just trying to wade through the thick bog of words makes you lost at times. It's hard work but anything worth anything in this world is hard work. We just got to fight through it...so instead of me PROCRASTINATING on my blog (which I am doing no matter how I can justify it) I will get back to my paper.

PEACE~LOVE~HAPPINESS

No comments: